This person will provide proactive services, support, and workshops for the development and use of digital media and instructional technologies. Accountable for creating a customer service environment that assesses client needs, answers questions, orients patrons to various technology solutions. Provides technical support for technologies, projects, and events. Plans, organizes, and manages complex technology projects and coordinates tasks among User Services and other I&TS teams. Reports to the Director for User Services/Instructional Technology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for the Instructional Technology Team, services, and support.
- Assess university needs for instructional technologies, design and develop appropriate services, recommend priorities and timelines, and assess progress at achieving goals.
- Work closely with clients to conceptualize, design, and produce instructional objects.
- Provide user support for learning management system and other learning systems.
- Coordinate client relationship and project management for instructional technology projects and large events; communicate among stakeholders; meet deadlines and client needs.
- Provide creative and visual design support for instructional technology services.
- Coordinate, develop, and deliver technology learning opportunities on various topics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the instructional process and ability to understand, analyze and diagnose faculty, staff, and student technology needs and to support these needs with solutions.
- Knowledge and skills in learning management systems and other instructional technologies.
- Knowledge and skills in graphic design and production with software such as Adobe CS Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in verbal, written and email contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and oversee complex projects with diverse technological and equipment needs; ability to prioritize multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of instructional technologies and their application for teaching and learning.
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to analyze needs and solve problems quickly.
- Strong project management skills with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to accurately discern colors and the pitch, tone, and volume of sound.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years experience as an instructional technologist with experience teaching and supporting users in integrating instructional technologies into their projects.
- Two years experience providing learning management system administration and support.
- Finalist candidates must provide a Digital Portfolio of relevant projects and satisfactorily complete the pre-employment background check.
- Master’s degree; preference for degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology.
- Visual design coursework with experience in digital media applications and projects.
- Experience in providing instructional technology support at a university level.
- Experience in supporting collaboration tools, videoconferencing, and lecture capture tools.
- Experience working with audio, video, web, and streaming technologies; installing, supporting, and troubleshooting desktop and studio hardware and software.
This is an Exempt position paying $45,000-$52,000 per year, DOE + excellent benefits.
If you meet these qualifications, enjoy a fast paced environment please contact us today – firstname.lastname@example.org.